- King Crimson
The Power to Believe: CD + DVD
Release date: 31 May, 2019
- • The Power to Believe – is the fifteenth and final release in the acclaimed King Crimson 40th anniversary series.
- • CD features an enhanced, expanded master of the album.
- • DVD-a features the new master in hi-res stereo audio.
- • DVD-a also features the album in lossless 5.1 Surround Sound as mixed by David Singleton.
- • All new mixes were approved by the set’s Executive Producer Robert Fripp.
- • The original album master is included in hi-res stereo
- • As a bonus feature, the mini-album Happy With What You Have to be Happy With – which preceded the release of The Power to Believe is included.
- • Presented as a 2 x digi-pack format in a slipcase with new sleeve notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith along with rare photos & archive material.
- • Concludes the highly collectable King Crimson series.
The Power to Believe, originally issued in 2003 is King Crimson’s final studio album, to date. Drawing in part on material issued on the 2001 live mini-album Level 5 and the 2002 studio mini-album Happy With What You Have to be Happy With, the album represented the final statement from the double duo which had recorded and toured from 2000.
It was produced by Machine with post-production work by David Singleton and Robert Fripp allowing for the inclusion of additional elements and edits prior to release.
For the 5.1 Surround Sound edition, David Singleton was able to go back to Machine’s original pro-tools stems to build a completely new mix. In doing so, he also included subtle sonic elements in both Dangerous Curves & EleKtrik & these have also been incorporated into the stereo mix. Three additional tracks from the sessions – the Sus-tayn-Z I & II & Superslow have been also been included as expansions.
The stereo mix is, otherwise, unchanged from the original. Nonetheless a hi-res stereo version of both original & new masters have been included to accommodate all versions as released in the higher bit rate format.
All new mixes were approved by Executive Producer Robert Fripp
Finally, the Happy mini-album – as VROOOM was to THRAK – a precursor of the full album, is included, completing the story of this line-up & completing this series, appropriately, with King Crimson’s most recent studio recordings.
- Panegyric Recordings
- CD / DVD-MUSIC