Ana's Song (Open Fire) 12" Coloured Vinyl
• 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
• SLEEVE WITH ALU-BRUSH FINISH
• PART OF THE SILVERCHAIR COLLECTION / 12-
INCH #10 IN A SERIES OF 11
• INCLUDES A CAPPELLA-VERSION OF “ANTHEM FOR THE YEAR 2000” AND AN ACOUSTIC VERSION OF THE TITLE TRACK
• LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED COPIES BLUE, PURPLE & WHITE MARBLED VINYL
"Ana's Song (Open Fire)" was releases in May 1999 as the second single fromNeon Ballroom, Silverchair's third album. The song is about lead vocalist Daniel Johns' struggle with anorexia nervosa, Ana is the nickname given to it by people affected. He eventually overcame the disorder, realising that he would never be cured of the disease but could live a fulfilled life by learning to cope with it. The track peaked at #14 on Australia's ARIA chart, at #12 on Billboard's Alternative Airplay and at #28 on the US Mainstream Rock chart. It was nominated for two Aria Awards in 1999: Single of the Year and Best Video. The track also earned Silverchair a Comet Award in Germany.
Ana's Song (Open Fire)is part of the Silverchair Collection, presented by Music On Vinyl. This 12 inch features three additional tracks, including the a cappella-version of “Anthem For The Year 2000” and an acoustic version of the title track. Ana's Song (Open Fire)is available as a limited edition of 1000 individually numbered copies on blue, purple and white marbled vinyl.
- Music On Vinyl
- Vinyl LP