- Roger Waters (Pink Floyd)
Igor Stravinsky's The Soldier's Tale: Crystal Clear Vinyl LP
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Heavyweight gatefold sleeve with leather laminate finish
- 2018 adaption by Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) of Igor Stravinsky's 1918 classical theatre work
- Includes 2 printed innersleeves with lyrics
- Limited edition of 1000 individually numbered copies on crystal clear vinyl
The 2018 album Igor Stravinsky's The Soldier's Tale is the adaptation by Roger Waters (co-founder of Pink Floyd) on the 1918 same-titled theatrical work. Waters recorded this version with members of the Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival at Bridgehampton Presbyterian Church.
The original theatre work is one “to be read, played, and danced” by three actors (the soldier, the devil, and a narrator) and dancers, accompanied by a septet of instruments. The libretto relates the parable of a soldier who trades his fiddle to the devil in return for unlimited economic gain. The music is scored for a septet of violin, double bass, clarinet, bassoon, cornet or trumpet), trombone, and percussion. The libretto is adapted by Roger Waters from the translation by Michael Flanders and Kitty Black, based on the original text by Charles-Ferdinand Ramus.
The Soldier's Tale is available as a limited edition of 1000 individually numbered copies on crystal clear vinyl. The vinyl package includes 2 printed innersleeves with lyrics and pictures.
- Music On Vinyl
- Vinyl LP